Thank you for visiting our page!
Homes for Hope provides comfort, safety, and care for children in emergency foster care. Children are often removed from their home in traumatic emergency situations. In these times of uncertainty, it is important for the Department of Human Services to have a safe place for children to go. Homes for Hope is that safe place.
- Homes for Hope allows us to keep children in their school and in their community. This brings stability in a time of instability.
- Homes for Hope allows siblings to remain together rather than being split up, one of the most important relationships in a child's life
- Children are brought directly to a Homes for Hope house where they're welcomed by foster parents and undergo an intake process designed to identify how to best meet the child's needs and help the child feel safe
- Children can remain in a Homes for Hope house for up to 90 days while a suitable long-term solution is created. For some children, this means being placed with extended family and for others longer-term foster homes
Homes for Hope is launching in Adams County, Colorado but it is our hope to replicate this model in other counties in Colorado and across the country. We need your support to gather the items needed to help make this program a success for all children! We're raising funds to fulfill the following but not limited to:
- Baby gear including baby gates, formula, diapers, play pens, etc.
- Car seats for children of all ages
- Waterproof bed liners for children who struggle with wetting the bed
- Sports and outdoor equipment for youth including soccer balls, basketballs, footballs, bikes, tennis racquets, a tetherball, etc.
- Funds to ensure children can participate in their school's sports teams
- Weighted blankets for children with sensory needs
- Children's books
We also recently created an online registry with a list of some of the needs in these homes if you'd like to donate a specific item. Please follow the link below to be directed to our Amazon Registry. The items can be shipped to our office and we will deliver them directly to the foster homes and children in need: https://www.amazon.com/baby-reg/homesforhope-donations-april-2020-loveland/2OI9WWDAU0CU
You can also learn more about the program here: https://www.nightlight.org/colorado-homes-for-hope-program/