Our Best Recruit Is Yet To Come..Keep Your Fork!
LINDSEY & MATT
We truly believe that The Best Is Yet To Come for us!
Over the past few years we have prayed and prayed for God to give us a child. Like most families, we "waited" to try to have children until "we were ready." Little did we know, when we were ready didn't mean God was ready. After months and months of appointments, several rounds of failed fertility treatments and more tears than I thought we even had, I knew I couldn't physically or emotionally keep pressing through fertility treatments.
Even as a young girl, I always had a heart for adoption and after over a year of failed fertility treatments I was ready to fully pursue adoption and move towards growing our family. However, Matt wasn't at that place just yet. While Matt was not a fan of the side-effects I was going through, he had a hard time thinking about “not raising his own child.” I knew it wasn’t an easy process for either of us so I began to I pray for God to either change my heart or his but I begged for a resolution one way or the other. In only a few short weeks God changed Matt's heart! Matt called me at work one day and told me he thought God was leading him towards adoption. My heart was so full! It was amazing to know that God was hearing our prayers and at that point I knew for sure that God's plan for us was becoming clearer.
We immediately began researching adoption agencies and the various options through adoption and quickly became overwhelmed and eventually frustrated again. Several agencies never called us back or denied us due to location. We felt as if we had hit another road block in our quest to become parents and we knew the devil was working hard to change our focus. After great advice from a friend and another intervention only explainable by God’s plan, we stumbled across Nightlight Christian Adoptions (NCA) and knew from the start it was a the agency for us! (It’s a very long story and we are happy to share it with you personally if you’re interested in more details.)
Shortly after contacting NCA we began our adoption journey and have seen God’s work in so many ways! NCA is committed to providing their adopted children with constructive, wholesome and spiritual home environments along with providing counseling and ongoing support to birth moms. Both factors were very important to us and once again, in God’s timing, He landed us with the perfect adoption agency!
We believe that God has already made plans for the child/children he plans to place in our arms. We feel honored that God has chosen us to carry out one of his greatest joys. God has adopted us all into His kingdom and we are grateful to fulfil His plan for us through adoption. "God decided in advance to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. This is what he wanted to do, and it gave him great pleasure." Ephesians 1:5 We know God has a purpose for each person and we believe He has shown us countless examples of adoption stories and has placed us in many situations leading us to adoption so we can grow in our faith and truly understand what it means for God to adopt us as His children.
Many of you have asked how you can help with our adoption journey. Thank you so much for your support and for your desire to be a part of something so special to us. First and foremost, please keep us in your prayers! We are where we are today because of your prayers! Things to pray for:
- Pray for patience as we go through this journey. Pray that we not get bogged down and distracted by paperwork tasks and fundraising. Pray that we continue to place our faith in God and his plan for us and our future family. It’s easy to get distracted by all the things we “have to do” and by the financial obligations that are tied into adoption.
- Pray for our agency as they counsel us along with counseling various birthmoms/parents. Pray that they continue to have the wisdom needed to aid both parties.
- Pray for our birthmom/parents. Adoption is a choice of life! And we need to continue to pray for our birthmom/parents to choose life and have faith in God in placing her/their little one with a family full of love and compassion.
- Pray that through our process God’s love is shown and His story is spread to those whom we come into contact. We want our story to be a direct reflection of God’s love and we hope to influence others by sharing.
- Pray for our baby/babies. Pray that the pregnancy and birth are complication free (for baby and mom) and that our future child/children will feel loved by so many and that the love will show through them as they grow up in a Christian environment so that they too will someday spread the love of our Lord!
- Pray that we are equipped with what we need to care for and provide for our baby/babies.
Other ways to help:
- Purchase our adoption t-shirt (see Lindsey’s Facebook page)
- Donate through our Adoption Bridge here!!
- Look for future fundraising events.
We are delighted to have you as a part of our journey and cannot wait to keep you updated and to someday introduce you to our precious child/children.
Matt, Lindsey, Jetta & Penny
“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, ‘Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29.11
0 Family Updates
Ryan & Jaime Sawyers
You are two of our favorite people (Lindsay more than Matt but that's okay) and we know we'll love your little one just as much. Much love to your expanding family.
Lindsey, I am beyond excited for you and your husband! My little brother and sister were adopted into our family as babies and it has been such a blessing to all of us. You will have my prayers every step of the way!
I am so excited for you both. This baby will bless you & you will him.
I know its not much but wanted to help with your journey. Will be praying for so many blessings for y'all. Love Tabby and Cyle and kids
Congrats, you two! Y'all will be great! God bless!
Chuck and Carol Hardin
Congratulations on your journey! "Children are the proof we’ve been here… they are the best thing and the most impossible thing." We wish you all the best!! Chuck, Carol, Alec, Tyler and Courtney Hardin
Cannot wait to meet Baby Parker!!
You are going to be the best parents a child could ask for. So Happy for you both!!
Praying that God will answer your prayers. I can't think of a couple that would make better parents.
Eugene and Mora Terhune
What a blessing you will be to any child that God gifts you with! Our sincere prayers are with you!
So happy for you two! We love you all so much and look forward to our family growing! Chris, Kristen & Ivy
Dale and Ginger Parker
You are in our prayers as you wait and trust in the Lord! Jer. 29:11, The Strickels
Congratulations! You'll be an amazing mother.
Cheryl and Tom Witten
We are so very happy for you! We will be praying your requests and look forward to the day we meet your little ones! Love, Tom and Cheryl
Excited for y'all. Praying for all.